Tuesday, June 16, 2009

About This Blog

The first 18 posts on here (June 09) are transfers from my other blog (derrach.blogspot.com) which is now being dedicated solely to updates on our personal lives for friends and family and neighbors. I created this separate blog to distinguish between those types of posts and the type that will appear here, mainly, theological. Note I am not claiming to be a theologian or anything even close but the fact is I will cover thoughts, convictions, opinions, facts and questions about God in this blog therefore deeming it theological (the study of God; websters - answers - wiki). More specifically I will look at the Gospel story and I hope to focus on two things, the Fame of Jesus Christ and the Fullness of life that is found in him, which is why I've titled the blog Fame & Fullness. Significant inspiration for this title and focus come from the following passages:



John 10:1-18

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door but climbs in by another way, that man is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.”

This figure of speech Jesus used with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.

So Jesus again said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father."


John 12:27-36

"Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, “An angel has spoken to him.” Jesus answered, “This voice has come for your sake, not mine. Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” He said this to show by what kind of death he was going to die. So the crowd answered him, “We have heard from the Law that the Christ remains forever. How can you say that the Son of Man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of Man?” So Jesus said to them, “The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going. While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light."


May we see the name and fame of our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ spread throughout the earth, bringing joy and abundant life to all who will believe and trust in him.


disclaimer: the posts prior to this did not exactly have a particular aim in mind and some are actually from a time of deep searching that I went through on the journey to where we are today. Glory to Jesus for the fact that in the end my heart, mind and soul were heartily re-focused on him!

No comments:

Post a Comment